Solo one coat lime plaster guidance notes
- Sample trials should always be carried out to assess compatibility with substrate.
- Porous backgrounds should be dampened before application.
- Do not allow Lime green one coat plaster to rapidly dry; dampen very dry backgrounds and do not force dry.
- Do not prime walls with PVA
- Not suitable for excessively wet or continuously damp backgrounds
- Solo one coat lime plaster should be applied to uniformly flat walls. Uneven walls should dubbed out using lime green Duro first
Mix with only clean water for between 3 to 5 mins. Add approx 5-7 litres of water to a 25kg sack
Temperature: 5˚C to 30˚C
Reworking: Not possible
Insulation boards typically 8 to 12mm
Plaster boards typically 3 to 5mm
Masonry typically 10-12mm
Apply the plaster in either one pass and level the plaster with a straight edge, leave for approximately 1½ hours. Sponge float giving a light creamy texture to the plaster, leave for another few minutes after which the plaster may be closed in with a steel trowel to produce a smooth finish. Do not over work the surface or this may lead to fire cracking.
On boards and wood fibre insulation boards.
Apply Solo one coat lime plaster in 2 passes within one hour of each other with lime green 454 mesh pushed into the first pass
Finish the plaster as above
Allow at least 2 weeks drying time.