Insulation for walls and roofs
Thermafleece CosyWool slab is a versatile insulation rich in British sheep’s wool and is a great choice insulation for walls and roofs. Research shows that using 75% wool in combination with recycled polyester fibres outperforms alternative products with a higher percentage of wool. The wool rich blend ensures you get the full benefit of sheep’s wool with enhanced performance, durability and sustainability.
CosyWool Slabs are flexible but denser than rolls and sized to provide extra tight friction fit in walls and roofs providing excellent thermal and acoustic performance.
Thermafleece CosyWool Slabs Key Facts:
- Width (mm) – 390, 590
- Thickness (mm) – 50, 75, 100, 140
- Thermal Conductivity – 0.038 W/mK
- Manufactured to a nominal density of 22kg m3
- Highly Breathable
- Made in the UK
- Contains British Wool
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 & 14001
- Complies with fire resistance BS5803-4 (smoulder resistance and spread of flame)
- Can be recycled
How to Cut Thermafleece CosyWool Slabs:
For accurate cutting, tightly compress or clamp the insulation between two pieces of solid 15mm board. Overhang the fleece where you want to cut keeping the two board edges aligned. Saw cut the edge using a sharp, scalloped edged knife and keep the blade firm and square against both board edges throughout. Trim any fine remaining fibres with large scissors or shears.
- To retain the benefits of water vapour, absorption and release, Thermafleece CosyWool flexible slabs may be used in conjunction with a vapour permeable underlay
Protect the insulation from prolonged exposure to sunlight when unpacked and avoid wetting, store under cover and clear of the ground.