THERMAFLEECE ULTRAWOOL: A specialist, high density, ultra-efficient insulation available as a flexible British wool slab and the ideal choice if you are looking for maximum thermal performance when space is at a premium. What’s more, with a density of 31 kg/m3 Thermafleece UltraWool helps provide exceptional acoustic insulation performance in wall, floor and roof systems.
Thermafleece UltraWool Key Facts:
- Width (mm) – 390, 590
- Thickness (mm) – 50, 70, 90
- Thermal Conductivity – 0.035 W/mK
- Density 31 kg/ m3
- Acoustic Sound Absorption – NRC 1.10 @ 90mm
- Water Absorption (@100% RH): 24% w/w
- Flammability & smoulder resistance to BS5803-4 – pass
- Highly Breathable
- Made in the UK
- Contains British Wool
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 & 14001
- Can be recycled
How to cut Thermafleece UltraWool insulation:
Thermafleece UltraWool can be safely and easliy torn apart, but if you need a more accurate edge then we recommend the ‘Roll and Cut’ Method
Tools Required: Sharp Scalloped Edge Knife or Insulation Saw
1. For an accurate length, take the insulation and roll it as tightly as possible along the width. Measure where you need to cut then taking the insulation saw / knife easily cut through. This provides a nice, neat edge and is an alternative to tearing by hand.
2. To cut the width of the slab: Roll the insulation tightly along the length and secure. Measure the required width that you need then using the knife or insulation saw begin to cut through the whole roll.
You can also cut Thermafleece by tightly compressing or clamping the insulation between two pieces of solid 15mm board. Overhang the fleece where you want to cut keeping the two board edges aligned. Saw cut the edge using a sharp, scalloped edged knife and keep the blade firm and square against both board edges throughout. Trim any fine remaining fibres with large scissors or shears.
Why Insulate With ThermafleeceUltraWool?
Insulating a property will significantly reduce the amount of energy lost from the building envelope, reducing energy consumption and carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere.
- High Performance: With a Thermal Conductivity of 0.035 W/mK, Thermafleece UltraWool is the best performing natural fibre – based insulation on the market.
- Exceptional Acoustic insulation: with a density of 31 kg/m3 Thermafleece UltraWool helps provide exceptional acoustic insulation performance in wall, floor and roof systems.
- Cost Effective: Energy savings from using Thermafleece UltraWool mean it can pay for itself in a few years.
- Long Lasting: Thermafleece UltraWool contains a lofting agent to maintain durability, fibre stability and structural integrity.
- Sustainable: Thermafleece UltraWoolcan reduce CO2 emissions by many tonnes over the lifetime of use. Wool also fixes carbon dioxide helping reduce greenhouse gas levels.
- Safe: Thermafleece UltraWool is safe to handle and can be recycled or safely disposed of at the end of its life
- To retain the benefits of water vapour, absorption and release, Thermafleece CosyWool flexible slabs may be used in conjunction with a vapour permeable underlay